Tuesday 15 October 2013

Neema - The popular one

Neema - "The popular one". Right angle weave play time resulted in the Neema design. Many years ago I was asked to do an article and supply a pattern to a very popular South African magazine. The editor wanted a right angle weave bracelet pattern and while working on the design we jokingly decided to call it " Right angle weave  for idiots" . It later became very popular but just before the magazine was send off to the printers we decided to rather change the description to " Easy right angle weave stitch for all". Neema is written in such a manner that even a technically challenged right angle beader will be able to successfully complete the design. The illustrations really gave me some headaches. But persistence prevail  and I achieved my goal.
I have always admired Sabine Lippert's ( Try to be better) designs and learnt the joys of right angle weave stitch with Marcia De Coster's books and patterns.  This weekend I teach another Master The Right Angle Weave class and in preparation I have come up with a few new patterns. The Neema will be available at My Etsy and Artfire before the weekend. The pattern will consist of a bracelet and pendant design.

No comments:

Post a Comment